1. They are not at all carbon friendly. If you are anti-climate change, you are anti-candle.
2. They burn things, including buildings. The Great Fire of London. Chicago. Need I say more. A burning building, too, is not carbon friendly.
3. Even when they don't burn things, they drip wax onto the carpet, especially when kids are playing with them. Messy, messy, messy!
4. Electric light is cheaper, cleaner and better for the eyesight.
5. Candles make us look like we're not Protestants. Come on folks, wear the uniform, unless you're a spy!
6. They're a bit girly don't you think? Especially those lavender ones.
7. They make it easier to smoke, which is bad for your health.
If you like candles, here is a story that makes up for their absence in our buildings.