Wednesday 13 August 2008

Nicole Starling joins the sola panel

Nicole's first post is about the way we look.

I came home and was thinking through what to do with these verses. For example, should I be more ‘poorly dressed’? Should I be less comfortably housed? Should I be bolder in evangelism so that I am ‘reviled’ more?

Later that day, coincidentally, I found myself reading Proverbs 31 and was struck by the contrast between the apostles’ lifestyle and the lifestyle of the woman described there. In Proverbs 31, the woman who fears the LORD has an extensive household, her husband is respected at the city gate, and her whole household are “clothed in scarlet”.


Nicole's question is whether there is a fight between these verses and these verses.

If you have an opinion, feel free to drop by and offer it.

No comments: