Thursday 17 April 2008

I'm back!

And I'm not...happy...

No, actually, things are good and waiting for the Thai Take-away to arrive.

Meanwhile, I hope that you were taken in by the illusion of continuing to work with the series on 'accountability' that I started here.

I'm about half way through Kate Grenville's The Secret River which was nominated for the Man Booker prize last year or so. What is the Man Booker prize? How does it differ from the Booker Prize? Or the Woman Booker prize? Or the Tim Booker prize? Or the Sir Booker prize? Do you have to be a man to get the Man Booker Prize? Do you have to be a woman to get the Woman booker prize? Would someone be surprized to get the Sir Booker Prize? Or merely surprised? It would be surprising to receive the Sir Booker prise, but at least it would be consistent.

Enquiring minds what to know.

And; what is the difference between an enquiring mind and an inquiring mind?

Inquiring minds want to know.

So. Now I am about to learn some Berlioz.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are that "...things are good and waiting for the Thai Take-away to arrive."

Is that a Thai Take-away from Deniliquin? :)

Shameless plug, yeah, OK.

Love your work Gordon.

Anonymous said...

Americans [i]inquire[/i] and British [i]enquire[/i] I believe. Choose a flag to wave.


Welcome back.

Timothy Wonil Lee said...

inquiring and enquiring.
haha

welcome back Gordon!

Justin said...

So how was my Lead Balloon?