Saturday 11 October 2008

Back from holidays

We had a wonderful time in Melbourne, seeing many friends (not as many as we would have liked) and visiting many favourite places.

We got back a couple of hours ago. Amongst the junk mail, bills, and local newspapers I found a letter that said

The Board of Studies at its meeting on Friday 26 September resolved to recommend to the Governing Board of the College that you be awarded the Master of Theology.


So that's OK, after 20 years.

I'd like to thank Fifi, my supervisors, my markers...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Gordon!

robd said...

Congratulations,
Regards
Robyn and Andrew

Dave said...

Well done Gordo

Timothy Wonil Lee said...

Congrats, Gordon! 20 years, eh? Should I call that persistence? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great news! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations

Anonymous said...

Welcome back & well done
Great perserverence Fiona!
Look forward to the publication
Michael

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Gordo - and I'm sorry we didn't run into each other while you were in Melbourne - it didn't help that I was up on the North Shore at my grandfather's funeral for part of the time that you were here... and then there was the fun of the PCV Assembly - but I'm glad it was a worthwhile visit. Wish you'd found time to blog on the delights of Melbourne - could you do so post hoc?

Therese said...

Praise God!!
All that hard work paid off!!

Jean said...

Wow, congratulations!

The Pook said...

"Congratulations grasshopper, now that you have taken the stone from my hand you are a Master. You must only ever use this power for good.."