Friday 16 May 2008

Poetry Friday

Friday, they do say, is Poets' Day.

So.

Although I've never been a hot shot in the poetry stakes, I thought I should at least do a bit of research to get myself up to speed. A bit of initial groundwork turned up this history of poetry.

I don't know much about poetry, but I know what I like, to coin a phrase. And I quite liked that.

Warning. If you actually do like poetry, I would nae click on that link if I were ye (as Robbie Burns might sae). Ye might find it a wee bit...disappointin'.

Move along poetry lovers, nothing to see here.

2 comments:

Simone R. said...

A couple of smiles, but I'd have to agree. Nothing to see.

Ali said...

Given that I post poetry on Friday I wonder if I have become the proverbial "they".

Plebians and Philistines is all I've got to say ... :)