Wednesday 23 December 2009

Not taking a break from blogging

I'm always interested when my friends announce that they're taking a break from blogging, and sometimes I do it myself. But other times, I just stop. Is that bad?

I only actually started blogging so that I could tell a bunch of nutty types that they were nutters, on their blog, under my own name, so I've never really felt that this blog existed for any purpose other than my own self-indulgence. You may well have nobler reasons for blogging than this, and so feel that you should let people know if you are stopping. Me, more often than not, I just don't post for a bit. I figure that after a few weeks people work it out for themselves, by which time I am generally posting again.

6 comments:

Simone R. said...

Depends if you see your blog as a ministry. I don't. Mine is for my own amusement. It's not exhausting so I don't feel I need a holiday from it particularly.

But still I let people know if I'm going away or something. Once when I didn't I had a couple of emails to check I was still alive.

Emma said...

Just letting you know that I'm not taking a break from reading and commenting on your blog.

Gordon Cheng said...

But Simone, I'm doing my best to minister to you!

Emma this cheers me up immensely.

Simone R. said...

thanks gordon...

Meredith said...

Ah, but you see Gordon, you are famous. So people will keep coming back to check your blog, maybe many times a day. But people like me who are not famous have to let the three people who read our blogs know what is going on, so that we don't lose them too!

Merry Christmas - may it be filled with much rejoicing.

Gordon Cheng said...

Meredith—my family knows me anyway. A happy Christmas to you too!