Tuesday 10 July 2007

The Tour has started

The Tour de France, I mean. Apart from the Boxing Day Cricket Test, this is one of my favourite sporting times of the year these days. Sure, they may be drugged-up freaks whose bodies will fall apart at age 45 because of self-inflicted substance abuse, but what a great cycling race! And you can't beat the scenery. The views of passing castles are sensational.

I may actually be able to get some work done if I sit in front of the telly with my laptop at the same time.

2 comments:

John H said...

Another fan of Le Tour! Excellent!

Just to make you jealous: I saw both days of "Le Grand Depart", first in London for the prologue and then in Kent for Stage 1.

Well done to Robbie McEwen, incidentally, for such a blinding finish in Canterbury yesterday. Amazing stuff.

Anonymous said...

shoot me now

nothing worse than big men in small tights going a long way and nowhere all at the same time

hell on wheels

and that commentator, who is he, he is ordinary