Thursday 27 January 2022

Speeding up needs slowing down 27 January

 I was wrong. Today’s appointment was, I thought, to get a portacath inserted. Not so; that has to happen and soon but first a bit of jaw-jaw with oncologist SC and a briefing session about what to except during the chemo treatment cycle. 

But also, I was right! I’ve had the feeling that the cancer has been developing pretty rapidly—new symptoms like a persistent dry cough, an ache developing in the liver. Old symptoms, mainly fatigue, increasing. Ignorable nausea becoming unignorable nausea (‘oh no! I always have seconds but now I’m going to have to wait a few hours! What, I can only manage one Frosty Fruit for dessert?')

So this morning the doc wanted to book me into a hospital ward at RNSH and get me hooked up to chemo straight away. Couldn’t happen. Ward shut due to COVID in there. 

Earliest possible is Tuesday. At least this means I can preach on Sunday. And, although we’ve run out of Frosty Fruits, I rediscovered my stash of mango Weis bars. They were in the freezer all along! I'd been looking everywhere.

4 comments:

Gordon Doherty said...

Little things can be big mercies. Continuing in prayer. What's the sermon on?

Unknown said...

Please don't stretch yourself. Love to see you via Zoom on Sunday to update your condition but preaching takes a lot of preparation! Pray that our Lord give you strength and faith. Alan

Gordon Cheng said...

Hi Gordon Doherty, the sermon is on Psalm 13. You can follow it live at 11 am on 30 January at https://www.stbarneys.org.au/this-sunday-live-stream/

After which it remains accessible via Youtube.

Evo1 said...

So glad I finally plugged in here.
Thank you for keeping us up to date.
Praying for you daily.
God bless you brother.
Cameron from England
(Evo1)