Wednesday 14 February 2007

I don't do typing

There was the lady, or it may have been a man, at a previous church who volunteered to help in the office, but she was a bit deaf. Not deaf enough to stop him hearing the phone ring or have conversations with those around, but deaf enough that she couldn't hear the person at the other end speaking. He used to get very annoyed at the callers. It didn't do anything to stop her answering the phone, for some reason. The rest of the volunteers were puzzled too, and spent their time thinking up jobs for her to do, along with racing him to see if they could get to the phone before she did. Dang, he was fast.

I have lots of stories like this accumulated over 30 years of churchgoing.

But I still feel vaguely guilty about sharing them on a blog.

Not guilty enough to stop me, obviously. 

Is that unkind, do you think?

6 comments:

Pete said...

Well you could always change their names like Adrian Plass did.

michael jensen said...

um, yes, it was unkind.

Gordon Cheng said...

Hmm, this blogging is a bit exposing, isn't it?

But you will never know his name.

Drew said...

or hers...?

Anonymous said...

Unkind?

Is the question relevant?
I'd do it, but then again I can't be accused of being overly kind, or even kind of kind. Perhaps I can be kind to kinders and other kin but that's kind of redundant, doncha think?

Anonymous said...

I reckon it was a tad unkind. I once wrote something like this which I thought was completely anonymous to an American Life Coaching site, and lo and behold, it came home to bite me. There will be people who "know" which Parish and others which person...sorry to bear the bad news. Talk about self, not others on bligs I think was the lesson I learnt. (When I am not a counsellor I am a typist, and would LOVE to be a volunteer typist when I am retired!!!