Wednesday 23 February 2022

The long trudge home 23 February

This is me, exercising by walking around the hospital ward with the other COVID-isolated inmates. No not really, but I shall be released tomorrow--not to go home, because I will be staying with my dad, given that our family is in COVID isolation with one daughter having caught COVID for the second time.


 Art of the Day: Van Gogh, Prisoners Exercising (after DorĂ©), February 1890. Oil on canvas, 80 x 64 cm. Pushkin Museum, Moscow.

All appears to be well, no sign of infection and doctors happy. I'll be preaching at church this Sunday, God willing, on 1 Thessalonians 2. But unlikely to see the rest of the family in person until Tuesday next week.

The next chemo cycle is 2-3 weeks away, yet to be determined and somewhat dependent on how well I recover from the current surgery. Like the men in Van Gogh's prison yard, just keep moving.

Meanwhile, sing with me and Bob. "I shall be released"




or listen to one of my favourite versions, Bob Dylan, The Band, and friends.



3 comments:

Fiona Bunn said...

Praying for you Gordon. Enjoy time with your Dad.xx

Andrew said...

Now you've got me watching Bob yet again!

Andrew said...

Great links!