Tuesday 13 December 2022

Cancer remission, radioactivity, and hope

 Greetings all. 

Yes, I am in remission as mentioned in the previous post. This is the truth, and God is good!

But. as also mentioned, that doesn't mean a complete cure (something doctors are a bit wary of declaring).

Remission as I understand it can be either partial or complete. Complete remission is being cured. Partial remission is what I'm in, which is still most excellent. Technically it means that the original tumours are undetectable and have remained so after a period of thirty days.

However, new cancer activity is not unusual.The radiation oncologist tells me that it is like when you have a nest of rats in your house that you eliminate by poisoning all of them. One or two survive, and if they survive, they may re-establish a new colony. So the best thing to do is find another way to kill them as well.

This seems to me a fairly non-technical explanation but it does make sense, yes?

In my case, radiation doc tells me that this means five short sharp blasts of radiation, of which my first happened yesterday, my second happens tomorrow, my third happens on Friday, then we go Monday and Wednesday of next week.

I wanted to ask to hire the radiation gun and then just see if I couldn't treat myself at home.

Anyway that is what we're up to, the previous good news remains great news and we continue.

Meanwhile here's a sermon I preached on Sunday on the topic 'Anxiety and depression'. Pick it up at about the 44 minute mark. Some stop-start glitchiness but it does work.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That’s wonderful news Gordon. Praise God.