Friday 2 December 2022

Remission

I had some good news this week. My oncologist, having considered the PET scans from the previous Friday, was ready to say for the first time that my cancer is "in remission".

This doesn't mean it's gone, but it does mean that it's going. In fact, there's nothing of the original cancer tumours that remain at any detectable level. There is a small lesion--new activity--in the liver, that I'm seeing a radiotherapist about today to decide on the next best step. 

But the current big picture is that I was diagnosed with Stage IV bowel cancer on 6 January this year, and now there's almost nothing to be found. Family are pretty happy, as am I. Who knows what will happen next? God does, and this is his plan for our good and his glory.

In the meantime, Christmas approaches. If you care to sing carols with our church on 18 December, then come along. God is good!


And, a Bible verse:

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)

This is not about us (none of it, at any time). It is about our great God and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am encouraged by your journey and blog. I also travel this road and God gives me such comfort knowing that He has my life plan all mapped out. I rejoice in the knowledge that it is His gifts of healing that He has given the medicos that look after us. Who knows what is in store for us, but with God as my strength I am content.

Rachel Lotherington said...

So pleased to hear this very good news Gordon. Praise God. The liver finding is still very concerning. Will continue to pray.

Gordon Cheng said...

Thanks Rachel for your prayers. Yes, I’m not completely in the clear yet. The radiotherapy oncologist will treat me in a couple of weeks and gives it an 80% possibility of success. Not perfectly guaranteed but a lot better than I was facing 12 months ago. Gordon.

Captain & Mrs Duckman said...

Such a lot to live through in a single year. Thankful for God's healing and your witness, Steve and Beate